Whether you’re going to ISTE 2013 or not, here are some great reasons to follow SMART’s participation at the event!
This article originally appeared on the EDCompass Blog. Click here for the original URL. Shared with permission.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) conference is just around the corner and we look forward to connecting with educators in San Diego, Texas, June 24-26. Are you attending? Do you plan to participate virtually or follow on Twitter? Let’s experience the event together!
Here are seven reasons to keep connected with SMART during ISTE.
1. Discover the SMART Collaborative Classroom. Come visit us inRoom 203 on the concourse level of the ISTE convention center where we will be inviting you to an onsite representation of what a student experiences in the SMART Collaborative Classroom. This classroom explores what’s possible when learners have the flexibility to move easily between whole-class, small group and 1:1 activities – extending the capabilities of mobile devices and helping schools get the most out of their technology investment.
2. Get hands-on with new SMART products. This is the first ISTE where we’ll be bringing the SMART Table 442i collaborative learning center and LightRaise 60wi interactive projector – the world’s first and only touch-enabled projector. Come see the products people buzzed about during our recent showcase events!
3. Take the “touch the difference” challenge! We know that it can be hard to understand the value of an interactive display just from spec sheets. This is your chance to really experience for yourself which interactive touch technology is right for your students. What kind of touch technology will be used for this challenge? You’ll have to come by Room 203 to find out!
4. Get social with #ISTE13 Twitter hashtag and on Facebook. We’ll be doing something fun (and dare I say, social?) for the virtual audience tuning into ISTE on social media from June 24-26. Look for more details on that news closer to the show. And be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to participate.
5. Catch facilitated sessions by educators, for educators. Attend sessions by classroom visionaries such as Ian Fogarty, Robert Goodman and Alex Dunn. Topics include collaboration, social constructivism and inclusion.
6. #SMARTee chat at ISTE! SMART Exemplary Educators attending ISTE will be joining us on Tuesday, June 25, live from the SMART Collaborative Classroom. We expect the combination of #SMARTee participants online and educators in our collaborative classroom using SMART products will make for a very special Twitter chat!
7. Let us help you “unconference” with your PLN. Sam at SMART (that’s me) will be posting from the Hack Education event on Saturday, June 22 – follow along with me as I experience my first unconference. If you’re at the show, come find me at the SMART Collaborative Classroom from June 24-26 and I’ll add your photo to ourISTE Pinterest board so you can share it with your PLN.
More information can be found on our ISTE page. Will we see you there? Planning to connect virtually? We welcome you to meet up with fellow educators on @SMART_Tech and Facebook to talk about the event.